Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 1 Module

1. Explain: What new learning have you taken from this module?  
The Teacher Domain site is a new tool that was introduced to me this week. So far it looks like a great too. I also learned some new things about blogging. I am sure they will help me start my new blog off right.



2. Extend: How can/will you use this week’s resources and/or others in your community in your lessons?  
I have never heard of Teacher Domain before. From what I have seen so far this site is going to be a wealth of resources. I often spend a lot of time on youtube looking for clips that will be good anticipatory sets. This site looks like I could easily find clips that would be good for that. My students love looking at clips, it doesn’t matter what the topic. I see myself using this resource very often in class.


3. Evaluate: How useful, insightful or relevant are this module’s information and resources for you?
I feel this weeks information will be very useful to me. Anything that gives me easy access to things I can use in the classroom is wonderful. I find myself spending a lot of time looking for clips my students will be fascinated with and that will hook them into the lesson. Having a new site to look through is always welcome. The major reason I wanted to take this class was to have new material I can use in the classroom. My students love seeing new things and anything I can show them that is educational and fun is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the media clip describing the origin of the elements - I too have been looking for exactly this.

    ReplyDelete